© BrokenSphere / Wikimedia Commons.
Hilary Hinton “Zig” Ziglar was an American World War II veteran, he became the top sales person in several organizations before diverging into a brilliant career as a motivational speaker and trainer. With a Southern charm and lessons grounded in Christianity, Ziglar wrote over two dozen books and amassed a following of millions who were encouraged by his lessons on success and leadership.
Here are 15 quotes from Zig Ziglar that I believe that will have the power to completely change the direction of your life:
1. ”I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can’t truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.” – Zig Ziglar
2. ”Honesty and integrity are absolutely essential for success in life – all areas of life. The really good news is that anyone can develop both honesty and integrity.” – Zig Ziglar
3. ”Just saying you are better than good won’t make it so. But, when you understand what it takes to live the better than good life, and you apply yourself, your life will truly be better than good.” – Zig Ziglar
4. ”Little men with little minds and little imaginations go through life in little ruts, smugly resisting all changes which would jar their little worlds.” – Zig Ziglar
5. ”When you encourage others, you in the process are encouraged because you’re making a commitment and difference in that person’s life. Encouragement really does make a difference.” – Zig Ziglar
6. ”You can make positive deposits in your own economy every day by reading and listening to powerful, positive, life-changing content and by associating with encouraging and hope-building people.” – Zig Ziglar
7. ”If my life has had a theme, I suppose it has been a typical American theme in that, for most of it, I have been looking for happiness and success.” – Zig Ziglar
8. ”There’s never been a doctor who served many patients who, despite their best efforts, did not lose some of them to death. But they understood that was part of life itself.” – Zig Ziglar
9. ”I seldom read anything that is not of a factual nature because I want to invest my time wisely in the things that will improve my life. Don’t misunderstand; there is nothing wrong with reading purely for the joy of it. Novels have their place, but biographies of famous men and women contain information that can change lives.” – Zig Ziglar
10. ”For 24 years of my adult life, by choice I weighed well over 200 pounds. I say ‘by choice’ because I have never ‘accidentally’ eaten anything, so when I choose to eat too much, I have chosen to weigh too much.” – Zig Ziglar
11. ”Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.” – Zig Ziglar
12. ”If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.” – Zig Ziglar
13. ”Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” – Zig Ziglar
14. ”You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
15. ”People often say motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
Stay well and keep on achieving.